We have always stocked horse feed but we are limited in the amount of feed we carry. We have access to every type of feed for our customers but need to know your requirements in advance. What we keep in stock is customer driven. Let us know your requirements and we’ll do the rest. Our customers love these feeds and they have become very popular.
JOIN THE NATURAL HORSE FEED REVOLUTION
A horse is a grazing animal and as such it has a very low tolerance to blood sugar instability (far less than humans). Natural Horse Feed from Pure Feed and Thrive promote stable blood sugar levels. This leads to natural digestion, balanced mood, stable energy and healthy rebuilding of tissue.
THE PURE FEED COMPANY
Why Pure Feed?
- Pure Feed was designed primarily to ensure stable blood sugar levels.
- Pure Feed has been formulated without concentrated raw grain to emulate the diet of a grazing animal.
- It is a natural horse feed with no molasses and is low in starch and sugar (less than 10%).
- Pure Feed is made with high quality and palatable ingredients.
- Pure Feed helps balance the horses diet by providing all the key nutrients, fibre and calories.
Pure Feed has a comprehensive range of products. You choose what you do with your horse and there is an equivalent feed with matching energy and support to go alongside.
Samples of the feed can be viewed instore
or find out more go to https://www.purefeed.com/
or to get a personalised equine diet plan prepared by Pure Feed nutritionists go to https://www.purefeed.com/free-expert-diet-plan/
There is no raw starch in Thrive. The starch that is in the feed is water soluble and is digested by enzymes in the small intestine with no spike in blood sugar.
Well established in the US, Thrive Feed has earnt a stellar reputation by producing amazing results people cannot ignore. The man behind the feed is Dale Moulton who has made this his life’s work. There is no magic involved or special secret ingredients included, but the processing to very precise pressure, temperature and time constraint produces a product that no one else can copy.
Why is Thrive so different?
- Ingredients are processed by extrusion as soon as they are harvested
- Wet steam extrusion is a gentle form of cooking which creates digestibility without nutrient loss giving over 90% absorption, great value, no waste
- A complete horse feed fed dry – no supplements, oils or extra potions are needed
- The feed is ultra low in sugar with no raw starch – so perfect for laminitics and equines with EMS, IBS and/or ulcers
- Suitable for all equines in all disciplines from foals to veterans
- Non Heating but produces amazing results in all types of high performance horses
- No Genetically Modified Organisms (GMOs) are used in the making of Thrive, such as chemical pesticides or fertilisers
- Even the bags are human food grade to prevent chemicals leaching into the feed
This feed is now available at our stores. To see Thrive working in the community go to https://www.facebook.com/ThriveFeedUK/
Message from James
“When I left agricultural college in the 1980s I trained as a horse nutritionist and ran a company advising on the dietary requirements of horses.
Increasingly we are finding blood sugar imbalances becoming more common due to highly processed feeds. These imbalances can contribute to ulcers, excessive weight gain, decreased energy, skin issues, allergic reactions, or decreases in body weight, especially muscle mass.
Concentrated raw grain-based feeds are not natural and horses are not suited to eating them. What happens is that raw starch content of the feed ferments in the hind gut (caecum) and produces alcohol. This in turn causes a spike in blood sugar.
Stable blood sugar is paramount with horses and leads to better digestion, an even temperament, good energy levels and a sound building block for rebuilding of tissue.”